Tooth loss affects a significant part of the Australian population. Whether you’ve lost teeth to decay, periodontal disease or an accident, having missing teeth can be embarrassing, inconvenient and uncomfortable.
Luckily, missing teeth can be easily replaced using the most advanced restorative dental solutions. The most
common of these options are dentures.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a set of false teeth that fit over the gums
(full dentures) or clip into place on existing teeth (partial dentures). Dentures can be used on your upper teeth, lower teeth, or both. Dentures have a gum-colored acrylic base that your Smart Smiles dentist will match to the color of your gums to make your mouth look natural.
With good care, dentures are highly durable and will last for many years.
Reasons for Dentures
- Replacement of all or multiple teeth in the jaw
- Far less expensive than implants
- Getting dentures is relatively quick and painless
- No surgery
- Improved chewing, speech and digestion
- Dentures are covered by most dental insurance plans
- Dentures can give you a more youthful face by supporting lips and cheeks and fixing the sunken look created by tooth loss
The Process of Getting Dentures
- Normally takes 2-4 dental appointments
- Meet with your dentist for an initial consultation
- The dentist will determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment and which type of denture is ideal for you
- The dentist will take a mould of your mouth and a dental lab will create a custom set of dentures from that mould
- The dentures will be fitted. The comfort and fit will also be assessed
- The dentist will provide instructions on caring for your new dentures
If you have experienced tooth injury resulting in the loss of teeth, or have struggled with gum disease or decay that have led to tooth loss, it is never too late to consider dentures. It is important that you seek the expertise of a dentist with extensive experience helping patients determine the perfect look needed to restore your smile and overall appearance.
Dentures at Smart Smiles Dental
To improve a poor appearance due to missing teeth, be sure to visit your dental team at Smart Smiles Dental. Your Deer Park dentist will help you determine if dentures are appropriate for you, create dentures that fit your mouth perfectly, and restore your smile and bite.
Our Special Offers
At Smart Smile Dental, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!