Fortunately, missing teeth can be easily replaced with modern tooth replacements. The most popular and often most economical among these restorative dental solutions are dentures.
What Are Dentures?
Also known as false teeth, a denture is a prosthetic removable appliance consisting of rows of artificial teeth, which are used to replace missing natural teeth. Dentures are fabricated with the use of acrylic or cobalt chrome to which the artificial teeth are attached.
Dentures are worn over your teeth and gums to replace lost teeth and give you a complete and fully functional bite. This method of tooth replacement is one of the oldest dental treatments in continuous use. With recent advances in dentistry, the quality and efficiency of dentures have significantly improved.
The Procedure of Getting Dentures
- Your dentist will determine your suitability for treatment and the type of denture needed for your case.
- The process of getting dentures often take 2 to 4 visits. The first visit involves getting accurate impressions of your teeth. After taking the impressions, they are sent to a dental laboratory.
- At the lab, the technician fabricates a custom tray used in setting a more precise mould of your teeth in wax.
- The mould is used to produce your final denture.
- The denture’s fit and comfort is then assessed.
- The last step is receiving tips and instructions on how to take care of your dentures as advised by your dentist.
High-quality Dentures at Smart Smile Dental
Don’t let missing teeth affect the quality of your life. At Smart Smile Dental, we provide dentures and other state of the art tooth replacements to restore your smile and confidence. Your trusted Deer Park dentist at Smart Smile Dental is committed to providing you with advanced dental solutions that help you achieve and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
At Smart Smile Dental in Deer Park, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers.